As a junior web developer, you will get to flex your development skills and create outstanding digital projects. You will work on a team of other developers, designers, project managers to create and maintain a variety of innovate websites, microsites and applications ranging from big to small. Preferably you will possess full-stack capabilities, but strong back-end with intermediate front-end development is sufficient. In this role, flexibility is key as some projects may require custom coding solutions and others may require working with content management systems. In addition to your skills, you'll win us over with your humility, sense of humor and work ethic.
- Driven. High Standards. High Belief. We are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and celebrate it when we arrive.
- Collaboration. We win as a team. It takes a village to generate an award winning idea.
- Communication. We listen and we connect at all levels, at all times.
- Problem Solving. Creatively. We are constantly curious and always determined to find new solutions.
- Positivity/Genuineness. We look for opportunity in every challenge, because we care.
- These are full-time, exempt positions, reporting to the Technical Architect. They have no direct reports.
- Travel is not expected for this position.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with the team to build awesome digital solutions
- Solution-minded, results oriented with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Flexible and agile to the needs of the business
- Work in a codebase with multiple contributors
- Think through problems thoroughly and foresee project requirements
- Pick up a rudimentary understanding of new technologies and languages quickly
- Find bugs and implement effective solutions
- Test work to ensure code renders properly in all sizes, browsers and devices
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience setting up and building websites powered by content management systems such as WordPress and Craft
- Experience with revision control using GIT
- Have some familiarity with PHP frameworks such as Laravel
- Have some familiarity with integrating RESTful APIs into web applications
- Have some familiarity with front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Have some familiarity issue and project tracking software such as Sifter and JIRA
- General knowledge of web servers, hosting, domain names, and basic security concepts
- Ability to write succinct detailed documentation
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience developing responsive HTML email templates for use in email marketing systems such as Campaign Monitor and Mailchimp
- Experience using a CSS pre-processor such as LESS and SASS
- Experience building hybrid mobile apps
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision
- Understanding of using SVG graphics on the web
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Understanding of marketing principles and strategies
- Musician? That’d be a bonus point, or two!
Please, no phone calls. Due to a high amount of interest, we may not reply to all applicants.
If you have checked off this list of qualifications, send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to: email@example.com