The Strategist is a natural storyteller and believer in the emotive power of brand — curious, creative and strategic. You are part listener, part maker and part advisor. You will collaborate with clients to uncover and articulate what makes their brand unique, relevant and resonant. You find, shape and orchestrate stories that elevate brand voice, collaborating with Agency teammates to create and share them in impactful formats and channels. You have a knack for guiding clients and helping them see opportunities to stretch beyond their comfort zones and you enjoy creating content that catches attention and provides value.
This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Vice President of Strategy. It has no direct reports. Regular travel is not expected for this position.
- Immerse yourself in MK client brands, organizations, products, industries, and competitive environments, proactively recommending new strategies and forecasting future challenges.
- Conduct audience, brand, and market research – interviews, surveys and audits – to uncover insights that inspire creative and help MK and our clients decide on a course of action.
- Collaborate with Strategy team and Agency leadership to plan and execute brand strategy workshops, leading activities, developing recommendations and building outputs like key messages, positioning grids, value propositions and brand style attributes.
- Develop content strategies and platforms to support key messages or themes. Work with clients and MK teammates to plan content creation and distribution across digital and IRL channels throughout the year.
- Partner with Account team members to present brand, content and digital strategy recommendations to clients, incorporate those recommendations into creative briefs to inspire the Creative team, and then support presentations from a strategy POV.
- Build trusting relationships with client stakeholders, alongside MK teammates, to help understand challenges, uncover opportunities, present recommendations and work, and be an outstanding partner.
- Partner with Account team members to gather information needed for successful projects, recommend and plan new projects, draft creative briefs, and lead valuable discovery meetings.
- Collaborate with clients and MK teammates to shape story angles and develop key messages that are clear, engaging and valuable to clients and their audiences.
- Help clients and teammates interpret data and analytics, along with Strategy teammates, to evaluate existing work and provide recommendations on how to elevate the work going forward.
- Audit client content, cataloging and evaluating its quality, uncovering gaps and suggesting opportunities to revise or create new content.
- Help tell the MK story, collaborating with the leadership team to develop content strategy and editorial content for the Agency, including video, podcast, blog, email and social content.
- Develop key messages and tactics to promote the Agency, including case studies, thought leadership content, and RFP responses.
- Coordinate with MK Digital Strategist and Media Planners to execute and elevate MK promotional campaigns on social media and search networks.
- Continually develop, broaden and deepen your skill sets; attend external courses and seminars to gather insights and share with the team; participate in professional organizations; and keep up to date with industry trends and standards, always seeking new opportunities for the Agency and clients alike.
- Help instill a passion for creativity and ground-breaking ideas within the team and across other departments.
- Participate in new business pitches.
Qualifications and Skills
- Someone with 4-8-years experience practicing brand and content strategy; Bachelor's degree with studies in English, communications, advertising, journalism, marketing, business, psychology or related field preferred.
- A great listener and presenter — curious, empathetic, organized and engaging.
- Appreciation and passion for nuances of brand, tone of voice, positioning and digital strategy.
- Understanding of what makes compelling brand, digital and content-driven experiences.
- Demonstrated expertise leading a room in a workshop setting and interviewing C-level stakeholders.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand varied industries, companies and individuals.
- A strong alignment with and proven demonstration of Morsekode core values:
- Driven. High Standards. High Belief. We are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and celebrate it when we arrive.
- Collaboration. We win as a team. It takes a village to generate an award-winning idea.
- Communication. We listen and we connect at all levels, at all times.
- Problem Solving. Creatively. We are constantly curious and always determined to find new solutions.
- Positivity/Genuineness. We look for opportunity in every challenge, because we care.
Please, no phone calls. Due to a high amount of interest, we may not reply to all applicants.
If you have checked off this list of qualifications, send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org