As a Production Designer, you possess serious design chops. You are responsible for executing designs, finalizing production through vendors and producing creative requests across agency teams. Clients' brand standards guide every decision you make. You deliver organized files through all phases of projects ranging in difficulty from simple to complex. But that's not all. You find the appropriate design approach to communicate key marketing objective(s) and take into consideration the most cost-effective or optimal production methods for the project timeline. You make the project vision come to life.
- Perform a wide variety of graphic design functions and tasks for web, print, video, promotional items, and other creative and marketing deliverables.
- Execute designs that effectively communicate the proper attributes, styles and concepts of the brands.
- Manage and prepare files for print.
- Maintain production schedules from concept to final delivery, ensuring projects are on time, on strategy and within budget.
- Size and scale design files for additional tactics including print, digital and interactive formats.
- Meet with designers, art directors, project managers, account managers and clients to clarify requirements and production details of creative projects.
- Update design, content and basic programming for interactive projects on CMS platforms. Support interactive launches through quality assurance testing.
- Adhere to brand and identity standards. Maintain agency and client brand assets.
- Perform related administrative and production task, support marketing and sales areas with special projects and events and work with freelance artists as needed.
- Stay current with market trends to help ensure that marketing messages are timely and appropriate to targeted markets. Study competitors' materials in an effort to understand their production techniques. Make suggestions on how to integrate emerging production trends into client work.
- Continually develop, broaden and deepen your skill sets, attend external courses and seminars to gather insights and share with the team and participate in professional organizations.
Qualifications and Skills
- High-level skills in the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Animate) Keynote and PowerPoint. Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, Wordpress, and Bootstrap is a bonus.
- Solid skills and work experience in design and production, with the ability to convey concepts verbally as well as through design.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Mac operating system.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Formal design training (e.g., Associate or Bachelor's degree) in fine arts, graphic design, advertising or marketing communications, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A strong alignment with and proven demonstration of Morsekode's core values:
- Driven. High Standards. High Belief. We are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and celebrate it when we arrive.
- Collaboration. We win as a team. It takes a village to generate an award-winning idea.
- Communication. We listen and we connect at all levels, at all times.
- Problem Solving. Creatively. We are constantly curious and always determined to find new solutions.
- Positivity/Genuineness. We look for opportunities in every challenge because we care.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position, reporting to an associate creative director or creative director.
- Regular travel is not expected for this position.
Training for production designers tends to be on-the-job, typically occurring via increased responsibilities, more challenging assignments, higher profile clients, and/or agency growth. It is equally important for you to continually develop, broaden and deepen your skill sets; attend external courses and seminars; participate in professional organizations; and keep up to date with industry trends and standards. Professional growth; refreshing your skills; gaining more experience in print design, branding, and marketing; and/or learning new skills (e.g., HTML, CSS) can lead to increased compensation, new assignments, and/or transfer/promotion to roles such as junior designer, designer or associate art director.
Please, no phone calls. Due to a high amount of interest, we may not reply to all applicants.
If you have checked off this list of qualifications, send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org