A Junior Designer will be ready to develop their existing skills by working with senior creative staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. You will help to assist in the development of creative campaigns with a strong understanding of typography and creation of graphic elements applied to layout. From concept to successful completion, you have the ability to present your ideas clearly, bring design and web projects to reality, while adhering to the brand standards, original scope and budget.
- Assist the Creative team with conceptual development of brand, digital and/or content solutions.
- Develop and design solutions through final production.
- Provide design expertise and consultation to create, maintain, and enhance websites.
- Articulate and present design elements, rough layouts, related concepts, comps, templates and finished solutions.
- Participate in creative design consultations and create website mock-ups.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
- Support creative assignments with production design.
- Support Agency and new business efforts with art and design creative work.
- Assist in studio and on location for photo and video production.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of current trends and standards for creative advertising, interactive and production industries, always thinking of how to integrate emerging trends into client work.
- Continually develop, broaden and deepen your skill sets; attend external courses and seminars to gather insights and share with the team; participate in professional organizations.
Qualifications and Skills
Who We Are Looking For
- Formal design training (e.g., Associate or Bachelor's degree) in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Advertising or Marketing Communications; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The ability to convey concepts verbally as well as through design.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Mac operating system.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- A strong alignment with and proven demonstration of Agency values:
- Driven. High Standards. High Belief. We are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and celebrate it when we arrive.
- Collaboration. We win as a team. It takes a village to generate an award winning idea.
- Communication. We listen and we connect at all levels, at all times.
- Problem Solving. Creatively. We are constantly curious and always determined to find new solutions.
- Positivity/Genuineness. We look for opportunity in every challenge, because we care.
- This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to an Associate Creative Director or Creative Director (ACD/CD). It has no direct reports.
- Regular travel is not expected for this position.
- As you cultivate your skills, you'll put them to good use later with additional responsibilities, more challenging assignments, higher profile clients, and/or Agency growth. Refreshing one's skills, gaining more experience in print design, branding, and marketing; and/or learning new skills (e.g., HTML, CSS) can lead to increased compensation, new assignments, and/or transfer/promotion to roles such as Designer, Senior Designer or Art Director.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please, no phone calls. Due to a high amount of interest, we may not reply to all applicants.
If you have checked off this list of qualifications, send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to: email@example.com