The Digital Strategist is an essential cornerstone in our modern creative agency. You inspire everyone around you to re-imagine what’s possible in the digital space. You partner with clients to understand their business goals and martech stack; infuse the creative process with audience, channel and technology insights; work with digital media planners and production teams to build campaigns and websites – then keep a close eye on the metrics for opportunities to elevate the work.
This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the Vice President of Strategy. Regular travel is not expected for this position.
- Inspire, plan and oversee digital campaigns and web experiences to build and engage audiences and achieve client objectives.
- Be our in-house expert, evangelist and educator for digital campaigns across social channels, display and SEM, email campaigns using CRMs, as well as web page optimization, SEO and analytics.
- Advocate for audiences, helping clients and MK teammates better understand audience behavior, needs, expectations and channel preferences.
- Help the team turn analytics and insights into action — bridging the gap between what we believe, what we know and what we should do as a result.
- Serve as the liaison between Account, client, Creative and Digital Media Planning teams — keeping everyone aligned and focused on quality digital experiences and outcomes.
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
- Play an active role in client relationships, presenting work, making recommendations and serving as a digital strategy advisor to both MK teammates and clients.
- Recommend measurable goals based on client objectives, past experience and industry benchmarks.
- Write creative briefs to inspire the Creative, Digital Experience and Video Content teams, then help maximize available technology to bring the collective vision to life.
- Collaborate with Digital Media Planners to draft plans and lead gen funnels to achieve client objectives, recommending channels, platforms, budgets and timelines.
- Work with the Digital Experience and Creative teams to analyze keywords and on-site analytics to elevate content, drive SEO and increase goal completion.
- Collaborate with digital media planners to create dashboards, help set up and monitor analytics, and recommend actions to maximize campaign impact (e.g., channel specifics, creative direction, media formats) and optimize experiences.
- Make complex digital metrics, concepts, technologies and solutions clear and approachable for clients and MK teammates.
- Collaborate with MK and client teams to define scope and understand production and promotional budgets and timelines for projects.
- Help the MK team to identify opportunities within existing clients and support new business pitches and RFPs.
- Help identify and flesh out thought leadership opportunities in digital strategy for agency blog, leadership presentations and speaking engagements.
Qualifications and Skills
- 4-8 years digital strategy experience, working with integrated digital campaigns across social, search, email and web properties; bachelors degree in marketing, communications, advertising, business or technology.
- A combination right- and left-brain thinker, who appreciates analytics as much as the creative process and brand strategy.
- Proven success in optimizing performance through effective use of analytics and experience, collaborating with creative and technical minds to elevate the work.
- Google Analytics and AdWords certified; past experience using CRMs, and social listening, analytics and ad program tools.
- Past experience executing the technical side of paid social campaigns, display campaigns, retargeting, native advertising, SEM and SEO optimization and email marketing.
- A strong alignment with and proven demonstration of Morsekode core values:
- Driven. High Standards. High Belief. We are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and celebrate it when we arrive.
- Collaboration. We win as a team. It takes a village to generate an award-winning idea.
- Communication. We listen and we connect at all levels, at all times.
- Problem Solving. Creatively. We are constantly curious and always determined to find new solutions.
- Positivity/Genuineness. We look for opportunity in every challenge, because we care.
Please, no phone calls. Due to a high amount of interest, we may not reply to all applicants.
If you have checked off this list of qualifications, send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org