As a content copywriter, you’re a creative, a journalist, a researcher and a content strategist all rolled into one. Working both independently and collaboratively, you write compelling content that creatively solves business problems across a variety of media (Web, video, collateral, social, etc.). You’re as comfortable writing punchy headlines as you are writing informative long-form technical content. Your writing doesn’t just convey the intended message, it connects with customers and draws them in. And while we’re on the topic of being drawn-in, in addition to your skills, you’ll win us over with your humility, sense of humor and work ethic.
- Brainstorm fresh, original ideas that are on-brand and consistent with the agreed-upon strategy
- Research, write and edit strong, succinct and compelling copy for multiple platforms
- Must demonstrate an ability to sort through large amounts of content and data and extract and apply useful elements given the objective. This could include interviewing subjects.
- Work with designers and art directors to ensure copy and visuals work together
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of grammar, punctuation, spelling, client/industry style guides as well as headline writing and story structure
- Serve as an educational resource for agency and client teams when needed
Additional Responsibilities and Expectations
- A persuasive presentation style. You’re comfortable in front of small and large groups, internal teams and clients.
- A flexible approach and willingness to adapt ideas to the needs of clients
- The ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines and working in a high-pressure environment
- Great organizational skills, an eye for detail and a desire for perfection
- A passion for writing and the willingness to learn from other creative professionals
Qualifications and Skills
Who we are looking for:
- At least 1-2 years agency experience OR some great college internships
- An impressive portfolio. Bonus points for business to business experience in healthcare and/or financial industries.
- Bachelor's degree with studies in journalism, English, creative writing, or related fields preferred
- Strong story-telling and communication skills. Highly imaginative, with an eye for detail. Ability to express complex/creative ideas orally and on screen.
- Exceptional computer skills. Mac proficiency, proficient knowledge in Word and Keynote.
Please, no phone calls. Due to a high amount of interest, we may not reply to all applicants.
If you have checked off this list of qualifications, send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org