Your writing will help stir the creative pot at Morsekode. Your high belief in solving business problems and overcoming creative challenges drives your ability to conceptualize solutions for the blue ocean of healthcare marketing-driven deliverables (e.g., advertising, Web content, video scripting, collateral, trade shows, presentations). Working both independently and collaboratively, you write compelling text that not only conveys the intended message, but connects with patients, clinicians and doctors and draws them in. Quite literally, you craft the written word that brings stories, ideas, and conceptual connections to life. A strong alignment with and proven demonstration of Morsekode's core values:
- Driven. High Standards. High Belief. We are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and celebrate it when we arrive.
- Collaboration. We win as a team. It takes a village to generate an award winning idea.
- Communication. We listen and we connect at all levels, at all times.
- Problem Solving. Creatively. We are constantly curious and always determined to find new solutions.
- Positivity/Genuineness. We look for opportunity in every challenge, because we care.
- This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to an Associate Creative Director/ Creative Director (ACD/CD). It has no direct reports.
- Regular travel is not expected for this position.
- Training for Copywriters tends to be on the job, typically occurring via increased responsibilities, more challenging assignments, higher profile clients, and/or Agency growth. Professional growth can lead to increased compensation, promotion to Sr. Copywriter, and/or other related career paths (e.g., Editor, ACD/CD).
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Morsekode is a modern creative agency. We create brand, digital and content solutions through our strategy, creative and production capabilities. Our people are our most valuable asset. Collaboratively, we compose ideas that grow business.
- Meet with Account management to familiarize yourself with the healthcare client's project.
- Brainstorm fresh, on-brand ideas with original conception that are consistent with the agreed-upon strategy.
- Collaborate in selecting concepts and reviewing work in progress.
- Write various copy options with the desired angle, flow, engagement and relevance.
- Incorporate feedback to revise and refine drafts, so that ultimately the copy receives client approval.
- Provide input for the development and continued refinement of estimates and schedules.
- Understand, and work within, the brand and quality standards for the Agency, department, and assigned client(s).
- Develop concepts and/or storyboards, collaborating with Creative team members as needed, and ensuring accuracy (e.g., material, grammar, spelling) before presentation to client.
- Write and/or revise headlines, decks and taglines, content, and social media as needed.
- Continually develop, broaden and deepen your skill sets; attend external courses and seminars to gather insights and share with the team; participate in professional organizations; and keep up to date with industry trends and standards, always thinking of how to integrate emerging trends into client work.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree, with studies in conceptual advertising, creative writing, communications, English or related fields; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable experience as a healthcare copywriter or associate copywriter within an advertising or marketing agency setting.
- In-depth knowledge of the mechanics of healthcare writing (e.g., punctuation, spelling, grammar, tone, emotion, structure and organization, language styles that appeal to various target audiences, regulatory requirements, etc.).
- Strong story-telling and communication skills. Highly imaginative, with an eye for detail. Ability to express complex/creative ideas orally and on screen.
- Exceptional computer skills. Mac proficiency, proficient knowledge in Word and Keynote, and understanding of the user experience and modern web standards, required. Experience in the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), preferred.
Please, no phone calls. Due to a high amount of interest, we may not reply to all applicants.
If you have checked off this list of qualifications, send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to: email@example.com