The Brand and Agency Content Strategist is a natural storyteller — curious, creative and strategic. You are part listener, part maker and part planner. You will find, shape and share stories on behalf of Morsekode and its clients, collaborating with Agency teammates to bring them to life in a variety of formats and channels. You have a knack for guiding clients and helping them see opportunities to stretch beyond their comfort zones and you enjoy creating content that catches attention and provides value.
- Conduct audience, brand, and market research to uncover insights that inspire great creative and help MK and our clients decide on a course of action.
- Help MK shape stories and develop key messages that are clear, engaging and valuable to both clients and audiences.
- Create content calendars around key messages or themes. Work with clients and teammates to plan content creation and distribution across channels throughout the year.
- Plan the content flow through websites, digital and social campaigns, and longer-form print pieces, making them more usable for the audience and more effective in achieving client objectives.
- Partner with Account team members to present content strategy recommendations to clients, and then leverage that strategy to support Creative presentations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Interview, and lead workshops with: audience members, customers, client stakeholders and subject matter experts — delivering organized outputs and actionable insights.
- Help clients and teammates interpret website analytics, keyword research, and social listening to evaluate existing work and provide recommendations on how to elevate the work going forward.
- Help tell the MK story, collaborating with the leadership team to develop content strategy and editorial content for the Agency, including video, podcast, blog, email and social content.
- Write marketing content to promote the Agency, including case studies, thought leadership content, and RFP responses.
- Coordinate with MK Digital Strategist and media planners to execute and elevate MK promotional campaigns on social media and search networks.
- Audit client content, cataloging and evaluating its quality, uncovering gaps and suggesting opportunities to revise or create new content.
- Craft creative briefs to inspire the Creative team, achieve client goals, and build alignment between all relevant stakeholders.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree with studies in English, creative writing, communications, advertising, journalism, marketing, or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A great listener and storyteller — curious, empathetic, organized and engaging.
- Appreciation and passion for nuances of tone of voice, brand positioning and digital strategy.
- Understanding of what makes compelling content. Experience in journalism, public relations and influencer strategy preferred.
- Experience with social campaigns and web copy.
- Demonstrated expertise leading a room in a workshop setting and interviewing C-level stakeholders.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand varied industries, companies and individuals.
A strong alignment with and proven demonstration of Morsekode core values:
- Driven. High Standards. High Belief. We are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and celebrate it when we arrive.
- Collaboration. We win as a team. It takes a village to generate an award-winning idea.
- Communication. We listen and we connect at all levels, at all times.
- Problem Solving. Creatively. We are constantly curious and always determined to find new solutions.
- Positivity/Genuineness. We look for opportunity in every challenge, because we care.
Please, no phone calls. Due to a high amount of interest, we may not reply to all applicants.
If you have checked off this list of qualifications, send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org