An Account Director is a leader within the Account team and a business builder who is passionate about brand, digital and content marketing strategies. You are a critical problem solver who teaches and inspires your team to deliver smart, efficient solutions and excellent client service. While you are not the day-to-day contact for clients, your role is key to maintaining and growing profitable relationships with them, helping them see the bigger picture and plan further into the future. Additionally, you have a way of bringing out the best in others by maintaining an inspiring, positive environment.
A strong alignment with and proven demonstration of Morsekode's core values:
- Driven. High Standards. High Belief. We are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and celebrate it when we arrive.
- Collaboration. We win as a team. It takes a village to generate an award winning idea.
- Communication. We listen and we connect at all levels, at all times.
- Problem Solving. Creatively. We are constantly curious and always determined to find new solutions.
- Positivity/Genuineness. We look for opportunity in every challenge, because we care.
- These are full-time, exempt positions, reporting to the Director of Accounts. Direct reports may include Account Supervisors/Managers and/or Assistant Account Managers.
- Periodic travel is expected for this position.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Morsekode is a modern creative agency. We create brand, digital and content solutions through our strategy, creative and production capabilities. Our people are our most valuable asset. Collaboratively, we compose ideas that grow business.
- Immerse yourself in everything about your clients, so that you can identify their needs, offer insight and articulate solutions.
- Research, absorb and share emerging technologies and industry trends within the categories of brand, digital and content marketing strategies.
- Play an active role in presenting strategic thinking to clients, prospects, senior leadership and Agency colleagues.
- Provide direction for and guidance to one or more members of the Account team, mentoring and developing them to help them reach their full potential.
- Drive client revenue and profitability within existing accounts and in new business development.
- Collaborate with the Account team in collecting information on client-initiated requests; formulating solutions; and articulating them into Statements of Work (SOWs).
- Develop presentations and write strategy and creative briefs for presentation to clients and Agency teams.
- Partner with Agency departments to direct the process of a project from planning through solution development, delivery and analytics.
- Oversee Account team as they drive client projects (leveraging a Project Manager), ensuring the work is on strategy, on time, on budget, and that the client experience is positive.
- Push the Agency to produce the best work possible, always being a strong advocate for the client.
- Proactively meet with clients in periodic review meetings, always staying abreast of client budgets, plans, goals, issues, pain points, etc.
- Assist in recruiting, attracting, and retaining top account management talent.
- Continually develop, broaden and deepen your skill sets; attend external courses and seminars to gather insights and share with the team; participate in professional organizations; and keep up to date with industry trends and standards, always thinking of how to integrate emerging trends into client work.
Qualifications and Skills
- BA/BS degree in marketing, business, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience in a digital/interactive agency and/or marketing/advertising environment and with brand, digital and content marketing strategies, with an in-depth understanding of how all the elements apply to business challenges.
- Ability to manage high profile client accounts and build relationships with senior leaders.
- Experience growing accounts for Fortune 1000 clients with an insatiable curiosity about their business.
- Experience within multiple industries (e.g., consumer, B2B, healthcare, entertainment, technology, financial services).
- Considerable experience in managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects, including the ability to accurately set budget plans and regularly update forecast and risk for client accounts.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop others. Experience leading account teams, preferred.
Please, no phone calls. Due to a high amount of interest, we may not reply to all applicants.
If you have checked off this list of qualifications, send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to: email@example.com